söndag 19 september 2010

First days in London

So... I came here on Thursday. That's almost 3 days ago... the time's really flown by. On Friday I didn't really do much, I was also going to "just rest my eyes a bit" and fell asleep at 7pm and woke up at 10.30pm-ish and was totally disoriented and fully dressed in a dark room. So I just went to bed after that :) Yesterday I went downtown to look for an adaptor, because my old one grew legs and obviously thought the grass was greener on the other side, and found myself in the middle of a protest against the Pope. I followed the porcession of demonstrants from Green Park to Trafalgar Square and then down the road that leads towards Big Ben. There were lots and lots of people. Quite interesting, so I found a place on a low wall, climbed up and sat there for like 2 hours, listening to different speeches, to the people booing and cheering and watching all the policemen and -women watching the crowd. It was a pretty calm demonstration, even though there were a lot of people.

I also met up with a lot of "old" acquaintances and then we went to a homeparty at about 2am after a little disoriented walking around in Elephant and Castle. That's why I came home at around 5.30 am and fell asleep at 6... I thought of staying up all night, the breakfast would anyways be served at 7 so I would just have to wait 1 hour, but since nobody else was awake I went asleep... and woke up at 10... so tonight I've had about 4 hours of sleep. But I feel quite alive anyways :)
Now I'm gonna head over to Roxy's to retrieve my bottle of water which I left there last night because I didn't want to have to carry it through half of Southwark... ^.^
I'd upload some pics I took of the demonstration, but the network's so slow around here that I'll postpone it until later.

Cheers!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar